Sunday 10 April 2011

Retro Fruit Jewellery!

After posting about them here I decided to make more than shoe clips from my polymer clay fruits, so this week I made a necklace, bracelet and two brooches which can also be pinned to shoes. The post on my shoe-making adventures is coming soon! I also made another necklace for my friend Steff's birthday.


I formed the fruits from polymer clay in solid base colours, then hand painted and varnished them.


Here is a picture of my face, wearing the necklace and my Cramps t-shirt.

The red and black beads and the tiny yellow separator beads are glass, the little turquoise ones are plastic, and I added silver plated clasps.

9 comments:

  1. These are amazing! I'd love to see a tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might do some to sell, they're proving quite popular :D Do you know someone who'd be interested, Miss M? Don't see why I couldn't sell a few jewellery bits alongside my hats.

    I was thinking of doing a tutorial but might need to keep the process secret now hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just like them and think you could sell them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :D I might try making one for my ebay shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so freaking cute! I totally agree you could sell them. Really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing fruit jewellery! Super cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would love to buy the set ! please email me zombaby13@aol.com

    ReplyDelete